○ Hunting or hiking boots – already broken in!
○ Fanny pack or backpack to carry cameras & daily items you will use in the field.
○ Comfortable camp or tennis shoes.
○ Hunting shorts. Camo is okay, as are dull colours such as khaki or olive. No bright colours or white for hunting!
○ Long trousers. Camo is okay, as are dull colours such as khaki or olive. No bright colours or white for hunting!
○ Medium weight hunting jacket.
○ Long sleeved hunting shirts.
○ Short sleeve hunting shirts.
○ Warm sweater.
○ Hunting hat – I prefer baseball style but whatever is comfortable (same colours as above apply).
○ Personal toiletries / shaving kit.
○ Lip balm – very important!
○ Sun block.
○ Dramamine – This is suggested if you are prone to car or air sickness.
○ Small flashlight.
○ Binoculars – 1 pair for each person, not just hunters. Buy/borrow a good pair of at least 8X or 10X – not the tiny compact models.
○ Valid Passport.
○ Tickets & reservations – Read reservation instructions such as early confirmation times, check-in and departure times CAREFULLY!
○ Cash and or credit card.
○ High quality digital camera. Bring extra cards – you can always use them at a later date.
○ Spare batteries.
○ Video camera with charger.
○ Good supply of reading material in your carry-on baggage for the long flight here or for use in camp.
You will need to apply for an import permit with your local authority for importing into your country of domicile prior to your Safari commencing.
We apply for the export permit from South Africa.
In order to alleviate any import and export delays we suggest the use of our fire arms cause of change in legislation in 2004 for the importation of your own fire arm.
Should you choose to use your own fire arm a temporary permit can be arranged.
Gun cleaner – 1 can.
Hard gun case that will lock, with your name and address on it.
Assistance with gun imports:
All the relevant documentation to clear the rifle can be obtained by contacting Annelise Bekker at firstname.lastname@example.org
They are very efficient and wait for you at the airport to assist with the process. This is especially helpful if you have only a short time before your connecting flight.
Permit Application - 405.97KB
South Africa Firearms Import Application - 86.85KB
United States Customs Form 4457 - 58.44KB
SHOOTING EQUIPMENT NOTE:
Please check with your airline on requirements for travelling with firearms!